Information for our overnight guests
Welcome to the mountains!
We hope you will enjoy your stay here at the farm.
Here follows some information that may be useful for you as a guest, we recommend that you read through this information sheet thoroughly.
- Every morning between 7.30am and 8.30am you are welcome to join us in the goat shed, getting the goats ready for the day. You can help brush them, feed them and even milk them.You must bring suitable clothes for this purpose. It is important that you change out of these clothes before you eat breakfast. All boots/shoes need to be placed in the changing rooms.
- Breakfast is served between 9am and 10am.
At breakfast you will need to make yourself a lunch pack.
- You have free access to coffee and tea the whole duration of your stay.
- During breakfast you are welcome to serve yourself with juice and hot chocolate as well.
- If you wish to fill your thermos flask with hot chocolate you pay NOK 60/80,-.
- You are welcome to eat your lunch pack inside the cafe if you so wish.
- On Saturdays we are able to offer one hour riding trips after breakfast. All children under the age of 12 will have to be accompanied by an adult. Price per person is NOK 250,-.
- You have free entrance to the park every day of your stay and can join our guided tours. At 12.30pm we visit the boar, musk ox and moose. At 2pm we have a guided tour including feeding of wolves, lynx, reindeer and arctic fox. We also show our pack of socialised wolves during this tour.
- Dinner is served between 5.30pm and 7.30pm friday, 5.30pm saturday/sunday and 5pm monday-thursday
- It is desirable that there be no noise after 11pm.
- Check out is between 09.45 and 10am on your day of departure.
You pay,check out and deliver in the key in the reception
- Small children should be accompanied by an adult when they visit the farm yard. Further down we will give you some tips on how to behave around the animals. Remember to close any gates or doors you may pass through.
- Please park your car down in the parking lot. The goats that roam free up at the farm may cause damage to your car.
- When entering the main building to get to your room it is preferred that you use the main entrance facing the farmyard, not the entrance through the cafe.
- You are welcome to use the lounge in the entrance building where the shop is. This is where the farms only TV is located.This building is open until 10pm.
- If you would like maps over the general area please contact the shop.
- There is a non smoking policy inside all our buildings, please use the ashtrays attached to the tables in the outside area.
- If you hear the fire alarm ring, everyone must meet outside the main building between the two small houses with grass on their roofs.
- We offer guided tours into the wolf enclosure and lynx enclosure. As a guest at the farm you get a special offer on these unique tours. Wolf experience NOK 600,- and lynx NOK 400,- Age limit: over 15 years only. Minimum of 2 persons. If you would like to join us inside the fence please contact the shop.
Certain weekends we can offer dog sledding. Adults NOK 250,- children NOK 150,- for summer, and adults NOK 350,- children 200,- for winter.
Animal rules:We welcome all our visitors into the farmyard, but we have certain rules we wish both adults and children to follow:
- Please do not sit on any of the animals.
- Small children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please avoid touching the animals horns or antlers.
- Do not feed the animals.
- Please behave calmly around the animals. No running or shouting.
After 7 pm the farmyard and stable is closed for the night. Now the animals needs time to rest.
If you have any needs or wishes during your stay do not hesitate to contact our kitchen staff or host.
There is always a member of staff as night watch, they are available to contact in case of emergency. You will find the name and number next to the pinboard in the dining room. The night watch can be contacted 24 hours.
What should I bring?
We recommend that you bring: slippers or other shoes for use indoors, suitable clothes for use in the stable/shed, thermos flask, small backpack for day trips, riding helmet (if you have one), suitable shoes/boot (wellingtons is often a good choice), bed sheets and towel (if you have not already ordered this when you booked your room).